It may be in the Eastern Caribbean, but this island nation could easily be mistaken for a Polynesian paradise.
In a region known for flat and arid islands, Saint Lucia shows travelers a different side of the Caribbean. Thick with rainforested greenery, the island is crowned with two mountainous volcanic spires known as the Pitons: Gros Piton and Petit Piton, linked by the Piton Mitan ridge.
These features make St. Lucia a prime destination for bird watchers, hikers, and nature lovers, while the pristine beaches that many travel to the Caribbean for are also available — in white, gold, and black sand versions.
There are two marinas on St. Lucia, one in Marigot Bay and the other in Rodney Bay. Rodney Bay is surrounded by some of the island’s best hotels and restaurants, along with trails, beaches, and a nearby national park. Marigot Bay is known as a “hurricane hole” for its sheltering mountains and minimal tidal changes. The Marigot Bay Resort includes 124 suites, two outdoor pools, four restaurants, four bars, a fitness center, and a spa. All resort facilities and amenities are available to marina guests, as well as water and land adventures, such as river kayaking, ziplining, jungle biking, and horseback riding.
Updated entry requirements effective Sept. 5, 2022.
- Prior to entry, obtain a customs clearance within 24 hours of arrival in Saint Lucia.
- Documents showing the boat’s ownership and nature of business; clearance documentation from the last port prior to St. Lucia, with customs declaration; and passports or visas for all crew and passengers are required.
- Visitors can request a stay of up to 3 months, with an application available for more time.
- Fully vaccinated travelers must provide a valid vaccination record; unvaccinated travelers ages 5 and up must provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 5 days prior to arrival.
- All travelers must complete a health screening form available online at www.stlucia.org/en/covid-19
Superyacht marinas in St. Lucia
The marina has recently completed an upgrade, including a new marina boardwalk, a redesigned bridge that connects the marina to Marigot Bay Resort, and the new “Hurricane Hole” restaurant. Projects to be added before winter include dredging, installation of a new 60-cycle converter, and new electrical pedestals. There are 20 mooring buoys and 42 berths. Each buoy can sustain a maximum weight capacity of 70 tons, with each accommodating up to 3 boats depending on size. Berths accommodate yachts up to 280 feet (85m). Draft: 20 feet (6m). WiFi and onsite fuel are available, as well as customs and immigration clearance. Laundry, private showers, provisioning, onsite dining, and transportation services also available.
The marina has 253 total slips, 32 of which can accommodate megayachts up to 285 feet (86.8m). Draft: 13 feet (3.9m). WiFi and onsite fuel is available, as well as customs and immigration clearance. Laundry, private showers, provisioning, onsite dining, and transportation services are also available.
Crew Go-To List
Castries-Gros Islet Highway
Rodney Bay Marina
Marigot Bay, Soucis
JQ Rodney Bay Mall
- Anse la Raye Post Office
Rodney Bay Village Jaywalk Shopping Mall
In-store shopping for wines, spirits, cheeses, fresh produce, meats and grocery items. Free delivery is available for orders over $500.
Wide assortment of snacks and groceries available, along with household, pet, hardware, and electrical products.
Phones & SIM Cards
William Peter Blvd. Casteries
Baywalk Shopping Mall, Rodney Bay
Salon & Spa
- Spa Village at Marigot Bay Resort
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
Located right next to the Marigot Bay marina.
Bonne Terre Gros Islet
Morne Fortune, Castries
- FRAM Tours & Taxi Services