May 2, 2023
Organization: Mission Blue, a nonprofit organization was founded by renowned oceanographer, Dr. Sylvia Earle. Mission Blue is one of the leading ocean non-profits in the world. It aims to inspire action to explore and protect the ocean.
Mission Blue is seeking a Freelance Digital Strategist with a passion for ocean conservation to oversee the development and implementation of its digital strategy. The ideal candidate will have experience in overseeing the development of nonprofit websites, driving fundraising efforts, creating compelling content, and engaging with audiences on social media and all relevant digital channels.
- Develop and implement Mission Blue’s digital strategy across all digital platforms, including the website, social media channels, email marketing, and other digital channels.
- Oversee the design, development, and maintenance of Mission Blue’s website, ensuring it is optimized for fundraising and engagement.
- Collaborate with the content and program team to develop and implement a content strategy that drives engagement and action.
- Develop and execute email marketing campaigns to drive donations, awareness, and engagement.
- Develop social media campaigns that drive engagement and increase Mission Blue’s reach and impact.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure that digital fundraising efforts are coordinated and optimized.
- Stay up-to-date on digital marketing trends, tools, and best practices to ensure that Mission Blue’s digital strategy is cutting-edge and effective.
- Cares deeply about the ocean and the people and wildlife that depend on it.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing digital strategies for nonprofit organizations and/or major brands, and agencies.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in digital, content, and/or marketing.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and maintenance of nonprofit websites that drive fundraising and engagement.
- Strong knowledge of email marketing platforms, social media channels, and other digital marketing tools. This includes, but is not limited to: Google Drive, Dropbox, Slack, and Adobe Creative Cloud (or similar photo/video editing software)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with team members across the organization.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously, while working as part of a remote team.
- Experience with graphic design and/or video production a plus.
- Proactively and consistently meets deadlines.
- Can effectively integrate constructive feedback into the digital marketing strategy.
- This role may include some domestic and international travel.
- Brings enthusiasm and a deep knowledge of ocean issues to work every day.
- Inspires the public with their words and is an excellent communicator.
- Can effectively communicate scientific information to a target audience.
- Values the incredible opportunity to work with those at the forefront of ocean conservation.
This is a freelance position. The position is remote, and the candidate must have access to a reliable internet connection. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. If you are passionate about ocean conservation and have the skills and experience we are looking for, please apply with your resume and a cover letter. Include links to your past digital, content, and/or marketing work.